Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 24: Write A Letter To The Person Who Gave You Your Favorite Memory

I have so many amazing memories, which makes it very difficult. Recently I had to write an essay over "a time I went on a journey" for my English class. Ironically, it's also one of my favorite memories. Ill just copy it here.
This is about Mom, Dad, and Hallie. It's not really a letter, so it can just be....dedicated to them. Hahah(:
*Most of this is true, but a few things were added in order to earn a better grade(:

   The winding road and high altitude are beginning to make me dizzy. I roll down the car window so the cool mountain air could blow on my flushed face. I perched my chin softly on the opening in the door to admire the scenery. Hallie, my little sister, giggles upon seeing another doe in the brush.
   It is early fall and the leaves are just beginning to turn colors. This is the time of year I love. The smell of pine trees fill the air and the song of the blue jays ring in my ears.
   Camping is not something my family would normally enjoy. I think they were just trying to appease me. My parents and I had been fighting a lot lately, but over the course of this week spent camping, not one cross word was muttered. I guess it has something to do with the relaxing breeze and feeling of freedom achievable only by sleeping out under the open night sky.
   Momma and Daddy are holding hands across the consul. Daddy must've turned the music down long ago, but I hadn't noticed. Inside the car we are silent. No one is willing to interrupt the smooth bliss the open outdoors gives you. We don't want the trip to end, but we make sure to take one last picture beside the campsite sign on our way out.
   I wish I could hold onto this forever: this feeling of complete peace and serenity. However, the feeling of carelessness is interrupted abruptly by the sound of a car horn as we emerge from the trees and pull out onto the highway. At that moment, we realize we have to return to reality, but make no mistake, we'll be back soon enough.
-Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment