Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 28: Write A Letter To Someone Who Changed Your Life

Dear Randy,
You were my first youth minister. I was never bored around you. You knew how to challenge us to push our limits and be good Christians. You honestly loved and cared for all of us. Your charismatic personality could light up a room and your sense of humor could put a smile on my face on the worst day. You wouldn't be you without your comic book obsession. I've never seen a living room with so many action figures. You showed me that church was something to be enjoyed, not just something your parents force you to do every Sunday/Wednesday. You're Starbuck's best customer. You have and AMAZING family. And I miss you all very much. Thank you for being such a positive influence in my life and I hope to see y'all soon!
-Hannah

Dear Will,
I'm going to admit straight up that when I first heard Randy was leaving, I pretty much shut out any idea of anyone taking his spot. I didn't even want to think about it. When Mrs. Cheryl emailed me in Peru that they found you, I was mad. I think at that point I was more upset that I just wasn't going to be there to meet you the first time. Everyone told me how great you were going to be and that Jenny and Liam were adorable and how we were just going to love you, but I wasn't sure if I could believe them. I guess I should start trusting people more often. They were totally right. In fact, I don't think they gave you enough credit. Your first week, our group went through a terrible trial. You were present the entire time, and although they didn't know you very well yet, everyone told me how you were so easy to trust and to talk to. When I finally did meet you, I just felt really sorry for you for having to sit with The Saras all the way home on that little bus. That must've been torture. I'm so thankful for you and your family, and although you and Randy are almost polar opposites, you have truly been a blessing to our youth group. I don't know you quite as well as I knew him yet, but we've still got 2 1/2 years left to fix that.(: I can't wait to see how God uses you to continue to work with our group. (:
-Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment