Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 11: Write A Letter To A Deceased Person You Wish You Could Talk To

Dear Hannah,
I'm not going to sit here and say that you were my best friend and talk about how much I loved you and how you changed my life and all that stuff like most people do when someone dies, mainly because I didn't really know you that well. I do know that to some of my friends, all of these things are ENTIRELY true. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose my best friend, but these people have. I know just from the little I knew you and from the way they talk about you that you were an incredible person. You changed lives just by being who you were. You were kind, and caring. I know that over spring break you went on a mission trip instead of going on vacation like most of the rest of your friends. I know that you loved your family and friends. I know your were gorgeous. If I can know all of this and I barely knew you, I can't imagine all of the great things about you that I didn't know. I wish you could see that even though it was short, your life was not without purpose. And I, along with all of your friends and family can't wait to get to see you again someday soon so they can get reacquainted, and so that I can get to know you. Besides, we'll need someone to give us a tour around heaven when we get there(;
-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment